Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nesh Me Hanan Forum Index -> The Prancing Pony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Serecbrand
Serecwise
The Curious

re: suggestions for steam purchase

I have been having some spotty internet access as of late, making me realize that i just might want a new game that i can play on my laptop. you know a stand alone play with out the net kind of game, suggestions:
I like the suikoden franchise, star oceans, Age of Empires, Hitman, etc etc
but i am looking for something on sale in the steam market:
-a good story
-intersting game play
-rpg? i think or
-real time or turn based stategy

Bah!
i think i want something a little lighter on the imersive world total game play like max payne 3? altho i have heard mp3 is mpre of the same old same old

any ideas? i can ramble all day

The Wise

Gamestop through its download service, Impulse, has the Ultimate D&D Pack Bundle that contains 17 items including all of Baldur's Gate I and II, all of Icewind Dale I and II, the complete Neverwinter Night I and II for $11.24. This can be found at:
http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3220

Amazon Download service has the complete Age of Empires III for $9.99 and can be found at:
http://www.amazon.com/Age-Empires-Complete-Collection-Download/dp/B00AR05D7I/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1359410356&sr=1-1&keywords=age+of+empires+III

Steam has Dungeon Siege Complete Pack for $14.99 today.

I keep track of all six different services (GamersGate, GoG, Gamefly, Steam, Gamestop/Impulse, and Amazon) and grab stuff that goes on like 66% - 75% and more but you have to keep at it especially to see if one of the items you are looking for oes on sale. I picked up that Age of Empires III collection very early this morning for $4.99 as I had a $5 credit, and did see that either Gamefly or Amazon had an Ultimate THQ bundle going earlier today for under $25 - that included about 25 - 30 games (they are going out of business and sold many of their franchises off to other companies).

Anethros 68 Warden | Aphollant 31 Guardian | Cellastiel 41 Minstrel
Celmara 30 Lore-master | Daedhenil 41 Lore-master | Eldredlara 34 Guardian
Hanaglyn 47 Champion | Helvalnil 10 Guardian | Idairol 39 Hunter
Langmar 40 Burglar | Lufsele 65 Captain | Ordollian 40 Rune-keeper
Rodiellin 22 Captain | Tondrovien 11 Minstrel

A Crowd of One
Serecbrand
Serecwise
The Curious

FYI: what I bought in the end was To The Moon by (I believe) Firebird games.
I have just started act III at the time of this post. If you like story heavy games you may enjoy this as it is more of a guided mystery story than traditional game. The sound track is both breath taking and annoying alternately. This game is human emo drama heavy and very much an ild school style science fiction story: the things which make us human our emotions and perceptions are the point and the technology is only there to prop up the exploration of said Humanity. I hope this review makes sense: So far I have greatly enjoyed this title despite its meloncholy. again: the story truly drives the game so if you prefer a more player controlled experience dodge this one. over all the story and soundtrack are gripping and more than make up for the lack if open world experince. Etc etc

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: